Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ramadhan's coming up, Ramadan gave a talk

Believers are happy as Ramadhan approaching. - iluvislam.com

So aaarreeee yyyooouuuu haaaappppyyyyy? I'm on all excitement ohhhhhhhhhh. It's 3 days away insyaAllah, which means in less than 80 hours we'll be in the month of barakah that (hopefully) been waiting by all creatures in this whoollleee wwwiiiiddeeee wwwoooorrrlldddddd :D


This is another Ramadan, namely Prof Tariq Ramadhan (nothing funny, seriously) grandchild of Hassan al Banna, authors of mind-blowing books and mind-opening speaker. To be honest, I only knew him last year when I bought his book "The Western Muslim and The Future of Islam". [recommended for overseas students, or future at least] But last night talk was really something. The topic was "In the Footsteps of the Prophet and How Muslims Should Contribute to the World." Here are some undeniably brilliant arguments he brought in:
  • To answer the famous question of what will happen to people who have never heard of Islam, it is first to question our responsibility to spread Islam itself (da'wah). Why question so much about others' belief when the quality of our own imaan is doubted?

  • Another famous statement that is widely used in the society is
Allah is watching you every second.

It is most likely misunderstood because people take it as if Allah SWT only sees our mistakes. But actually, it means that Allah is near to you; Allah is close to our intentions every during our wrong steps even if people can't see that. It is not Allah to be scared, but to loving instead. Rahmatullah yow! You know, our relationship with Allah is a love story :)


  • It is okay to have many questions in head, or in other words, doubts. I always, always experience this T.T But let us question ourselves, do we doubt ourselves or do we doubt lailahaillah? They are by far different you see. But but but if you're happy with the contradictions with yourself, it's sign of hypocrisy, and if you're struggling with it, it's sincerity.

  • Poor people : neglected by powered people, celebrated by believers. To be loved by the poor is a sign that you are loved by Him~

  • This one I loike the mossstttt
Islam is not against the West, not about the opposite from the West.
Islam is not harsh.
Islam is easy and make things easy for people.
and Islam is about doing the right. Western people can be more right than us Muslims too.

  • By asking "Is God loving me?" is a sign that He is close with your because He is within the question itself!

I seghiyewsly have more to write but I'm trying not to look too excited ehem. I also met Sis Wardina and her husband, Hilal Asyraf and Aiman Azlan in person. Okay foine, I actually saw them from afar T.T But welllll, the atmosphere was magnificent. I fell in love with the people I met and the ideas I heard (by not only the speaker of course) The talk was really a blessing, the pre-departure programme was too, and for those, I feel blessed!






And I know I'll feel more blessed when I reach the Mubarak month insyaAllah :)

2 comments:

  1. It was an excitement to accompany this blog writer to the event....mmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was an honour to be accompanied too :P

    ReplyDelete